Friday, December 16, 2011

OUTREACH MODE.

How in the world did I get here?

I've been molded, refined, transformed, and stretched more so than I think I ever have been in my life. God has become more real to me than I could have ever expected. I honestly can say I've loved every minute of being here in this beautiful state. Although it's undeniable that it hasn't all been easy, it's been totally worth it.
The scenery is delicious. The teachings have touched my heart. The people here are as close as family. God has shown up again and again and continued to transform my heart. I cry more often than I ever have. I could blame it on the estrogen, but I'm fairly positive that it's so much more than that. My heart has melted and I feel like it could just burst at any moment. It's THAT full.

Next step- sayinggoodbyetooverhalfoftheseamazingpeople-notsogood.

BUT the step after will make it all worth it.

Team Thailand is off to Kansas for a couple days to work with a couple different organizations. Service projects, sharing our dramas, basically just helping the hurting and sharing God's love in many different ways. I really look forward to it.
Then we come back to Colorado to fly out to THAILAND. Can you believe it? I hardly can.

We're going to be in a village for the first bit. We're going to be doing some ESL, little camps for the children, working.... all day/errrday. AND bathing in the river. I'm so stoked. After that we're headed to the "Tree of Life Children's Home." I absolutely cannot wait to pour into these children's lives. I want to share with them the love my Heavenly Father has poured out so abundantly in my life. Then we head to the "Abba House Recovery Center." We'll be working with several different age groups: Ex-prostitutes, hurt children, young boys, etc.

I really can't even begin to tell you all what I believe this trip in going to do for me. I have no doubt I'll be stretched more so than I expect. I'll shower less and wear the same clothes over again. I'll cry more than I'm comfortable with. God will pour out His strength more so than I could ever imagine. And so much more.
Whatever He wants to do, I'm so game.
I'm as "ready" as I can be.
And more importantly I KNOW God is going to give my team every ounce of strength that we need. Praise the Lord, right?!

He is forever faithful. His mercies are new every morning. I choose to pick up my cross DAILY and follow Him wherever He decides to lead me.

Thank you all for your prayer and support. I really can't even begin to express the gratitude I have for all of that. It has meant so much! Continued prayer would also be MUCH appreciated!
You [all are] da bayyyst.

Farewell for now.
Blessings!





1 comment:

  1. girl you are making me choked up reading this. it all is so amazing! I can see all the amazing things God is doing in you just by reading this! my heart is over joyed for you! you are going to touch lives in Thailand in ways no one can imagine! enjoy Kansas! Lol... however if You're going to only western Kansas don't judge the whole state on that because western Kansas isn't as cool as where I'm from... ;) I love you so much girl!!

    ReplyDelete